Sunday, March 6, 2011

Trip to Arizona

Mid October we went to Tucson, Arizona to visit my family. My mom and my sister live really close to eachother so we were able to spend alot of time all together. While we were there we hung out with my neice Tana that we do not get to see very often. I can't believe how fast she is growing and I love her sassy personality. She loves fashion and she loves jewelry.


We hung out at my sister's pool alot and then on our last day there we decided to visit the Biosphere 2. It is a building where scientists and NASA have tried to recreate the earth's ecological system. The Biosphere has all different elements from the rain forest to the desert. They had several scientists locked in the building for 2 years to see if they could survive. It worked out pretty well but they ultimately could not use the biosphere for the purpose they wanted. NASA hoped to put a biosphere on another planet but the biosphere was overran with insects. So now the biosphere is part of the University of Arizona for students to use. It was really cool to visit because you are able to see things like the ocean and the rainforest in a building.



No comments:

Post a Comment